Wednesday, January 30, 2013

About Me

South St, Pittsfield
 
My name is Mike McMahon and I am from Pittsfield, Massachusetts. From age 2 to 3 I lived in North Carolina. Other than that I've lived and grew up in Pittsfield. I attended St. Joseph Central High School where I played basketball all 5 years I was there. In the time that I was there, our basketball team was able to accomplish a good amount of goals. My first year on varsity the team made it to our regional finals, which was a huge turnaround from being last in the league for the past 4 years. Then my senior year we finally won the championship and made it all the way to the state finals. In the semi finals we were down by 1 point with 10 seconds to go and I won the game with a pair of free throws. It was the greatest moment of my career. Now I play basketball for Nichols.

One of my favorite hobbies is being a hip hop producer. I have been making music for about 4 years. I don't try to make any money off my music at the moment but i can see myself doing it in the future as a small thing on the side. I am not sure what i want to do for a career yet. My major is general business. Even though ITM is not part of my major, i still hope to learn a lot about using computer programs to help me become a better rounded person.

I read a blog about Paul Pierce from the Boston Celtics. The blog talks about Pierce's name possibly being thrown around in trades before the deadline. However, he would like to finish his career in Boston. He was drafted by the Celtics and has always played for them; He would like to also retire wearing the same jersey. This really interests me because Paul Pierce has always been my favorite player. His jersey was the first one i ever owned. I would be very upset if he ended up leaving the Celtics. Since he has already been around for so long, he should have the right to retire on the team the he has been dedicated to through his whole career.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey mike I really liked your blog. I know you from basketball so I knew some backround information about you but i had no idea you won that game for your team thats crazy. I have heard some of your beats and I really think you should keep going with that your really good at it. Also, the blog is obviously a good one because its about the Celtics and i would also be upset if Paul leaves us but I know Danny Ainge is smarter than that.

    ReplyDelete