Monday, January 28, 2013

Blog 1 Who are you?


My name is Maxx Lawson and I am from Chelmsford, MA. I lived in Wake Forrest, North Carolina up until eighth grade when my parents divorced. I have worked as a sporting goods salesmen and a ski instructor at Nashoba Valley ski area in Westford, MA. I have a ton of hobbies and interests including skiing and cooking, but by far my favorite is music. I play a slew of instruments and I'm always looking for another to learn. I started out playing the drums and focusing on percussion based instruments and they remain my favorite. I really love to challenge my musical ability and in a perfect world my career would be somewhere along the lines of a rock star.  I like all music but The Dear Hunter remains my favorite band. 

I am currently a freshman and Nichols College in Dudley, MA, and a double major of Hospitality Management and Business Administration. I like this school but next year I hope to transfer schools to pursue a major in Music Technology or General Music while keeping my Business Administration major as a fall back. I hope to learn a lot from this class and use my experience to better use computer programs often found in the business world. Hopefully I'll learn some flashy new ways to get my point across using technology.

I found a blog on percussion instruments that seems interesting. For those of you who don't know percussion instruments are ones that usually make sound by being struck, including drums, tympani, xylophone, and acoustic piano. This blog allows viewers to even post videos of themselves playing their instruments. So take a look and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I chose Maxx’s blog because before I read the actual blog, I played the video of The Dear Hunter’s song, which I really enjoyed. All the different instruments in the background I really enjoyed. I love all kind of music. When I was in elementary, I played the flute and from time to time, I play both the organ and piano. One thing I noticed is that he likes to cook. I would love to learn to cook. The cooking channel makes things looks so fun and easy. I can only cook the basic stuff. I applaud a guy that loves to cook. Maxx seems like a genuine nice person and someone to get along with right off the back. From the music, it seems like his personality is very laid back. I really enjoyed this blog. I have a new song to download to my iPod.

    ReplyDelete