Saturday, April 6, 2013

Dream Destination


If i could go on vacation to anywhere, past or present, for a vacation I would choose the Woodstock Music and Art Fair, in Bethel, New York, in 1969. This would be my ultimate dream destination because I love the music from the 1960's. I would love the opportunity to see bands like Santana, The Who, the Grateful Dead, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Joe Cocker, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and especially, my favorite artist that performed at this festival, Jimi Hendrix. 
Jimi Hendrix is one of my favorite artists of all time. His music is just all around great. His guitar play, his vocals and his lyrics all put together makes for amazing music. His performance at the Woodstock Festival is one of the most legendary performances of all time. So to be able to watch that performance live would be a dream come true for me. Especially to see and hear his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner would be a big time highlight of my life.
The dream to go to Woodstock is more than just about the music for me. Its about the environment, everyone at the Woodstock Festival seemed like a good person. Maybe it was because everyone was on a bunch of different drugs, but it seems like everyone would just be nice and laid back and it would be a fun place to be because of that.
Now, when it comes to the cost of getting there I can’t even begin to speculate about that. First I, or more likely some scientist, would have to invent time travel. I would imagine that would cost millions and millions, if not billions, of dollars to do this. I personally do not have that kind of money to make this happen, so I guess it’s just a waiting and hoping game. But say they do invent time travel sometime in my lifetime, it would cost around $10 in gas to get from my house to the festival. The ticket to the festival would cost $24 for all three days of music and festivities, which is an unbelievable deal. So if I were alive back then I would have only had to pay around $34 dollars total to go to this legendary festival.
So, if I could go anywhere, at any time in history, I would pick Woodstock Music and Art Fair in 1969. It would not only be an amazing musical experience, but the most incredible social gathering I’ve ever been a part of. And that is why I would love to be there.



1 comment:

  1. Alec this is very well written and sounds like an amazing experience to go see and witness. the music from the 1960's is some of the best that was ever made. Some people say music is a drug in its own form, but that is a good reason why everyone was so laid back. I wish that concert tickets would cost 24 dollars today instead of 50 for just lawn seats, or a couple hundred dollars to get a good seat. Even is people are not a big fan of music, everybody knows about Woodstock because it was the most epic music festival in history. Jimi Hendrix proved that music can be interpreted in any form not just the way it was written.

    ReplyDelete