Sunday, February 3, 2013

A little about Me

My name is Nicole Caron. I live in Dudley, Massachusetts and besides moving a few times I have lived here my entire life.  I am a freshman in my second semester. My major is English Education and after I graduate I plan on being a high school English teacher close to home.  I work at Park 'N' Shop, which is a grocery store in Dudley.  One thing that I really love to do is listen to music. I will listen to almost anything that is on the radio, but I mostly like country music and "new" music. My favorite song right now is "Come Wake Me Up" by Rascal Flatts. 
     I have two dogs who I love very much and two cats, who I am not too fond of (I'm not a big fan of cats). I live at home with my parents and I am a commuter, which isn't that great because I am not involved a lot on campus. Another thing that I really love is to run. I live by a school so I go to the track sometimes and just run some laps while listening to music. I like to read and write and I hope to write a novel one day. My all-time favorite novel would have to be Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. He's the man. Once I get settled into my new classes this semester, I am going to start teaching an after school program up the hill at Dudley Middle School. Because they do not have an after school English program of any kind (not even a newspaper) I will be "guiding" them through some aspects of English and in the end they will produce a book of things that they have done in the program, such as poetry and short stories they have written. I am really looking forward to this experience. In this class, I hope to become better at using computer programs in general, since I am not very tech savvy.
       
Three things I love; Music, Books, and Roses.
   The blog that I found to be interesting is one about English literature and reviews and opinions on books that have recently been released. Although not many people are interested in literature (with Nichols being mainly a business school) but it never hurts to read a good book now and then, so check out the blog and hope you enjoy it!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that song! I also enjoyed learning more about you. I think its awesome that you will be doing an after school program at the middle school.you would be great at it. I really liked the blog that you chose. It was interesting and i saw a couple books on there that I want to read or that i have read.

    ReplyDelete