Saturday, February 2, 2013

Alec Trull Intro


       Hi, my name is Alec Trull, I am from Lowell, Massachusetts. I have lived in Lowell, MA my whole life in the same house. I attended Lowell public schools all 13 years of school. I went to Lowell High School where I played hockey all four years. I have played hockey my entire life; it is my favorite sport. I played for many different teams in the past 15 years. Most of the time I played for my town travel team, the Greater Lowell Hawks, I also played for my town middle school team, another team in 8th grade and of course 4 years on my high school’s varsity team. I also played on many different teams over the off seasons in high school. In the fall, during preseason, of freshman, sophomore and junior year I played in a league in Billerica, MA consisting of different high school teams in the area. In the summers before sophomore, junior and senior years a lot of my teammates and I played in a league in Burlington, MA which was similar to the Billerica League.
       Then, in the fall before my senior year I played for the best team I had ever played for and that was the Valley Junior Warriors. This was the first time I had ever played junior level hockey and it was a big step up from division three high school hockey. It was faster, stronger and more energized hockey. I played with different players from all over the United States and Europe. Two of my teammates were from France, one was from Russia, one was from Chicago and someone else was from California. It was a great experience playing for this team; I met a lot of great people and learned a lot about the game of hockey.
       My favorite hockey team of all time is the Boston Bruins. Ever since I was a little kid I have loved the Bruins. I grew up watching their games with my family and although year after year they were knocked out of the playoffs, or didn’t even make the playoffs, I remained a huge fan. Finally, after all the years of suffering, it was all worth it, because in 2011 they won the Stanley Cup. It was an amazing feeling watching my team make it all the way and winning it all. This past year was heart-breaking watching the NHL be locked for month after month and watching more and more games be cancelled. But finally the NHL is back and I couldn’t be happier to see my team back on the ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment