Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blog #1



          My name is Patrick Counter and I am from South Hadley Massachusetts, I have lived there my whole life and, want to live thier after college.. The work I do is lawn mowing, leaf removal, raking, and other chores and odd jobs that people want someone to do for them, like cleaing, dishes, laundry, and vacuuming. I am a freshman and I am going to be a Criminal Justice Management major. The hobbies I enjoy to do are to be in the outdoors, I have been fishing for 15 years. Being in the outdoors is one of the most soothing things for me, I can clear my mind and relax. I have been fishing now, for almost 15 years. Being able to fish and share this with his makes this my favorite hobby. Wrestling is a big hobbie because of the people that I had met during my time as a South Hadley wrestler. Wrestling is a physical chess match and thats why I loved it. I played Tennis and suffererd several knee inhuries which kept me of the courts but now away from my team. My Black Lab Mia is the weidest and most awesome dog in the world. She is going to be four this year, and I want to go home this weekend just to play with her.
      The things that I hope to learn in this class are to increase my knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Also to improve all of my skills for Microsoft Office. Also to learn how to make a website and a web page.
     The blog that I chose to look up was a blog on UFC 156 which is going to be held tonight. I have been a a fan of the UFC for around 5 years because my dad got me interested when he taught me Karate at a young age. This blog is about Frankie Edgar fighting against Jose Aldo for the U
FC Featherweight belt. This blog is just going into the detail of the main card and what the fighter had to say before their fights. Frankie Edgar needs to get Aldo into the later rounds in order to increase the chaces of him winning this fight. Also that Edgar dropped down from the Lightweight division after losing a controversial decision. He has better Cardio but is not used to a weight cut. Edgar lost the fight, this was a very close decision that many thought he prevalied in his fight. Edgar may make a drop to Bantamweight and have a shot at his third UFC title. Also is one of the most dominat fighters and after making one of Edgar's legs useless with relentless strikes which helped him secure a vicotry and reatin his title. This was an interesting fight because Frankie believed he should have won this decision but was unable to win the belt.http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/jose-aldo-holds-onto-belt-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-062657045--mma.html#more-id

2 comments:

  1. Thats cool that you did karate when you were younger. I did too for a few year. Its really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The UFC is wicked fun to watch. I just recent got into it a couple years ago too. My dad was always a pretty big wrestling fan, but then him and I both got into UFC around the same time. As dangerous as the UFC is, it's still wicked fun to watch. The Edgar vs Aldo fight was a pretty good fight and I actually wanted Edgar to win, but better luck next time for him. Already having two UFC titles, I would've thought that Edgar would have been able to beat Aldo, but it was still a really good fight.

    ReplyDelete