Sunday, February 3, 2013

My name is Taylor DeGray I am from East Longmeadow, MA a small town outside of Springfield. I am a freshman here at Nichols and I am on the cheerleading team. In April we will be attending Nationals in Daytona, Florida in hopes to prove to our peers and other coaches that we are in fact a varsity sport.
When I'm not doing school work or cheerleading I usually work or hang out with friends. I work as a nanny in my hometown for three kids that are autistic, my job includes cooking them meals, cleaning the house, bringing them to sports, picking them up and dropping them off at school, and lastly find dun things to do with them. I am usually with them 5 days a week from 8-5:30. This job has taught me so many things like, patience and how to handle young kids. It has also taught me a lot about autism and what it takes to take care of a child with autism.
My major in school is Psychology, after graduating from Nichols I would like to work in a psych ward or do something with people who have mental disabilities. I decided to do this because since i was in high school i was very interested in state schools and why they closed and the history behind them.
My family and my cat are very important to me. I have three older brothers, two sister in laws, two nieces and two nephews.

No comments:

Post a Comment