Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blog #1



My name is Adrianna Soldevila. I am from Hartford, Connecticut and my nationality is Puerto Rican. I graduated from Northwest Catholic High School in June 2012. Throughout my high school years I was a cheerleader and I loved it. My senior year was our best year, I was also given the opportunity to be the captain of a team of dedicated cheerleaders like myself.

While searching for the right college for me, I was also looking for a great team for me to be a part of. Nichols College was the perfect fit. Now I attend Nichols College and I am also a member of the cheerleading team here and this year we are going to Nationals at Daytona Beach, Florida April 9 -14. This is an opportunity of a life time and cant wait. I currently double major in Business Management and General Business. My roommate is Caitlin Michaiski .  The reason for a double major is because I do have my future planned out and i would like to reopen my fathers business in electronics for cars. It was closed down in 2008 and ever since then it has been my dream to reopen it and live his dream. I came to college with a goal, and I want to leave college with  a couple steps closer to that goal.

I think that taking this course I will strengthen my computer skills and help me how to build power points and brochures that i will need to make to promote my business. This one way that I can be closer to my goal. This is because every small business need these aspects to be successful.

The blog that I chose was All Star Cheerleading because I find cheerleading very interesting. To see what other teams put together for the routine is cool. This is because every team has a different routine and watching them can help you build ideas for your own team. My senior year my coaches and I put our whole routine together from dances, cheer, and stunts. It was a long hard process but it was that was worth it. One thing that helped us develop ideas was watching other teams and what they were able to come up with. This blog was also appealing to me because it did not only have videos but it also had gym information for you if you are interested in cheerleading. This blog is not only appealing and interesting but it also very informative.














1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading and learning about your background and where you grew up and how you got where you are today. It's really awesome that you know exactly what you want in the future and I know you're dad will be very proud of you once you reopen his business. A lot of freshman students in college are not always sure on what they want in the future or even what their major is going to be for the next four years. It really seems like you hve a good head on your shoulders and know exactly what you want in life. I also think it's great how dedicated you are with cheerleading. I can tell how much you love it and how passionate you are about it since you were the captain of your high school team and created routines for competitions and everything. After reading this blog I feel like I got to know you a little bit better and I look forward to learning more.

    ReplyDelete