Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blog #1

My name is Caitlin Michalski.  My hometown is Plymouth, Massachusetts.  I graduted from Plymouth South High School in June 2012.  I graduated with not only my high school diploma, but also, with my license of Cosmetology.  My high school was a vocational high school and I was in the Cosmetology program.  From the start of my freshman year in high school, I knew I was going to college after my senior year but wanted to have my license in Cosmetology for a back up plan.  Throughout the years of practiing and perfecting my hair skills, I learned I wasn't as passionate about hair as I thought I had been.  In February of my senior year, I recieved my license and in May I became a receptionist at a local hair salon, Shear Creations.  Having the option to go to beauty school and get a high school education at the same time, is an awesome opportunity.  I am very thankful for all of it. 


Currently I live in Dudley, Massachusetts where I go to college.  I go to Nichols College, where I am a freshman.  My major is Criminal Justice and minor in Psychology.  The human mind is very interesting to me and so is dealing with criminals.  Coming into my freshman year, becoming a police officer was what I really saw myself becoming for a career.  As I took psychology courses and learned more about the human brain and how it works, I was fasciniated with how people acted and what made them act the way that they did.  Taking this course, Digital Apps, I hope to learn more about Microsoft softwares and better my computer skills.

The Hair Blog really caught my eye because I love doing hair.  Since my freshman year of high school I have been practicing and perfecting my cosmetology skills; this includes hair, skin, and nails.  In Massachusetts, in order to meet the requirements to go for your cosmetology license, you must have atleast 1,000 hours inshop and class time and your hours start once you hit the age of 16.  In February of my senior year, I recieved my license.  That was honestly one of my greatest accomplishments I have ever done in my life and I was very proud of myself.  While reading The Hair Blog, I found it informational when it talked about the amount of money salons throw down the drain when it comes to overusing and wasting hair color.  From expierence, I know that sometimes measurements are miscalculated but this was a good blog to read about.



1 comment:

  1. I really like this blog. I find it interesting that you have your Cosmetology license. I only know a few females who are 18 and have a cosmetology license so you should be very proud of that. I found it cool that you found a blog about hair since you are so good with it, the blog was a great tie in with who you are. I also liked how you had a backup just in case Cosmetology or school didn't work out, you would always have one or the other. I think you followed the rubric very well but you could've have explained a little more about you and your life so people can know more about you other than your Cosmetology side. Other than that I think you did well with this blog. We both have the same outlook on the course and want to learn more about Microsoft office to increase our knowledge and skills.

    ReplyDelete