Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blog #1



Hi, my name is Jamal Taylor. I am a freshman at Nichols College. I was born in Hartford, Connecticut and lived there for 6 years. After six years I moved to a surrounding town called Bloomfield where I stayed for 12 years and currently do. As of Valentines Day in 2013 I will be moving to Manchester, Connecticut. I graduated from Pathways To Technology Magnet High School in Windsor, Connecticut. My high school didn't have any sport teams so if I wanted to play sports, I had to play from my hometown. Since I lived in Bloomfield I had to play for Bloomfield High School. I played football and ran track for Bloomfield High School. As a junior in high school I was on the first indoor track championship team in Bloomfield High School history. It was a great feeling to win a championship and to be a part of making history. Even though I didn't really like track it helped me get in shape for football. Football means everything to me. Ive been playing football since I was in the 8th grade. My dad kind of forced playing football on me, but as I started playing I started to really like it. I was having fun playing because my friends played with me. So I got to see my friends in school and out of school. I love playing the sport of football, it's just something about it that I just love.

 
I have two older sisters and twin brother and two beautiful nieces and a nephew. Everyone always expects me and my brother to look alike but we don't. People say that my brother looks like my mom and that I look like my father. My family means a lot to me.
In my free time I like to DJ, play video games, or play basketball and football. Over the summer I worked at my first job ever. I worked for the Women's League Child Development Center, where I was an assistant at a summer day care. I worked with kids and watched them as we did various activities such as going to the park, visiting some museums, going to the library, and going to the town pool. It was a great experience for me because I got to make money before I moved to college and I actually got to work with kids that looked up to me.
In this course I plan on learning everything about Microsoft office. In high school I took a Microsoft word and excel test and got a certificate in mastering both of the programs. Since then, Microsoft office has updated so I feel like I could learn more.
A blog that I found online was "Mac's Football Blog". This blog interested me because im a huge football fan. The blog is about the latest updates that happened in the NFL. Just in case you missed sportscenter in the morning you can visit Mac's Football Blog and see what it going on and even what's happening behind scenes. This blog was a great idea and helpful for football fans.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamal! It was interested reading your blog and learning more about you. I did not know that you were born in Hartford, Connecticut because I was also born there too! I also did not know that you went to school at Pathways and played for your town league. So that is something new I learned about you. I also just wanted to say Congrats on winning the championship for indoor track! That is something that you should be proud of. It was also interesting learning that you love to play football and the reason why. I also noticed that family means a lot to you. This blog helped me understand who you are and what you come from more and I hope that you get out of this class as much as you put into.

    ReplyDelete