Sunday, February 3, 2013

Top 5 Red Sox Prospects

 My name is Matthew McKay and I am from Webster, Massachusetts. I am an avid sports fan who enjoys studying sports statistics. I am hoping this class will teach me how to express my love of sports online. I also want to strengthen my skills in such programs as Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Blogger. This class should make me very comfortable with all aspects of the internet that may be beneficiary to me in the future.
One thing I greatly enjoy is Major League Baseball. The Boston Red Sox are my favorite team and I follow all aspects of the team. That is why I decided to write this blog on the Red Sox top prospects for the upcoming year. I chose this blog because it is a website with a strong reputation that strives to only put forth the most factual information. The blog describes when and how the Red Sox top prospects will contribute in the Major Leagues. Reading the blog made me think of who I feel are the top five  prospects in the Red Sox organization. This is what I came up with:

 1.) Xander Bogaerts SS: Bogaerts is a 20 year old superstar in the making. As Bogaerts body begins to fill out he will eventually become a power hitting third-baseman. Xander Bogaerts is a unanimous choice for the Red Sox best prospect and ranks 20th in all of baseball.








2.) Jackie Bradley Jr. OF: Bradley is a projected gold glove candidate center fielder. Jackie Bradley will make is impact in the majors as a defensive guru and a leadoff hitter who could easily hit somewhere between .280-.300.









3.) Matt Barnes SP: Matt Barnes is a power throwing right handed pitcher that may be the number 1 in the Red Sox rotation one day. Barnes has an explosive fastball that routinely sits in the mid 90's. The floor for Barnes is a good number 3 starter on any Major League team.








4.) Allen Webster P: Allen Webster is a very interesting prospect for the Red Sox. He may one day be a solid number 3 starter for Boston or, if he can gain better command of his fastball, the closer of the future. Allen Webster has above-average velocity on his fastball and an advanced changeup.








5.) Garin Cecchini 3B: Garin Cecchini is a prospect that not many fans know about. Cecchini has very good speed and has rarely been caught trying to steal a base. As he gets stronger, Cecchini, will lose some of his speed but should develop more power. Garin Cecchini may one day be an All Star third baseman for Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment