Monday, March 25, 2013

blog 3


When things break around the house you don't always have the money to fix it. I'm always broke so I use my reliable back up plan, duct tape. I have duct tape in almost every room in my house. It is extremely reliable and costs a lot less than a serious repair. A while back my shower head broke so it was angled straight down. I'm taller than my shower head so it was a pain trying to take a shower. However, I used duct tape to fix it. I took a long strip and ran it from the ceiling to the top of the shower head. This way I could have it angled however I want. Another good duct tape repair is a lawn mower. Last summer a screw broke on my lawn mower, and of course it was the screw that connected the handle bars to the base. All I had to do was get a little bit of duct tape wrap it around the bar where the screw fell out. The lawn mower is back to normal. Back inside my house I had a fold up chair at my desk. The chair was metal so it was extremely uncomfortable. However, I had a great idea. I took two pillows and duct taped one to the seat part of the chair and one to the back part of the chair. If you have the right kind of pillows you can make the most comfortable chair ever. As far as electronics go, I have a couple more fixes. Whenever one of my power cords break I always just throw some duct tape on there. It's probably not the best idea but it gets the job done. Also, my friend wanted to record his first rap album at my house. I have a microphone but no stand, and no pop filter. What we ended up doing is putting a stack of books on top of a table, putting the microphone on top, and using duct tape to secure the whole thing. We taped the books to make sure they didn’t fall. We taped the microphone to the books to make sure it was secure. Finally, we made a pop filter out of a window screen and a little more duct tape. We cut out a little square from the screen, taped it to a chop stick, and then taped that to the microphone. As horrible as this whole thing sounds, the album did turn out as bad as i thought it was going to be.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing a little duck tape wont fix right? Its such a useful product we have but yet not as many people take advantage of. I know my father and I use it all the time time fix parts in our cars and other stuff we fix it really works at least it helps to prevent from other things occurring. I thought it was funny how you talked about the shower and how you used it to angle it just the way you want to shower I thought that was hilarious. Very good blog though.

    ReplyDelete