Sunday, March 3, 2013

rondo blog

 
One of the recent hot topics in the NBA is the Boston Celtics starting point guard Rajon Rondo. Rondo tore his ACL and is out for the rest of the season. Everyone from ESPN newscasters, to Celtics fans are freaking out about the injury. However, I don’t think that this will dramatically hurt the team. If anything, I think that it will help the Celtics grow and mature as a team. Up until the injury, Rondo was getting suspended, starting fights, and disrespecting the game that he “loves”. He was letting his ego and his temper get the best of him and not focusing on the best interests of the team.

The point guard is supposed to lead the team and set the tempo for the game. When your star point guard is missing game after game for stupid reasons I would imagine it would be hard to be successful. This makes him look bad as a person, and he is giving the Celtics a bed reputation. The team has a very rich history of championships, great players, and strong leaders. Rondo’s attitude towards the game is extremely disrespectful to the franchise and the league. I am a huge Celtics fan and always will be, but I think that the Celtics could go on without Rondo. Don’t get me wrong, I know he is one of the top point guards in the league, but the Celtics have players that can play well enough to make up for his absence. Jason Terry has a solid game with a good 3 point shot. Also Avery Bradley plays lock down defense. When the Celtics come together, it’s almost like rondo isn’t gone, but that’s just my opinion. Also Rondo’s name was thrown around during the trade deadline this season. No move was made because of his injury, but I think a trade might not be so bad. No one wants to see him leave the team, but I just don’t want to watch him cause unnecessary problems for the team. When all is said and done, I do believe that rondo will mature and lead the Celtics in the right direction if he is still there, but at the moment I am not a huge fan of him and his attitude.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike I really like this blog and how well you described everything about Rondo and the Celtics. I have been following the Celtics for a while and they have been playing some god basketball lately but do you really think they can make some noise in the playoffs? He brings us deep into the playoffs no matter what he does he just gets it done. His attitude is a problem but I dont think it impacts the team. Love the video as well. Good blog Mike.

    ReplyDelete